Policies and Procedures
NC Mountains Realty & Vacation Rentals 828-565-2012
- FULL REFUND – Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date. (Less the greater of 5% or $75.00 Cancellation/Modification Fee)
- 50% REFUND – Cancellations with 60-31 days Notice (Less the greater of 5% or $75.00 Cancellation/Modification Fee)
- Cancellations that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, or changes that result in a shortened stay, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
COVID-19 PROVISION: In the event Swain County would implement Travel Restrictions, or Close Short Term Rentals, we will offer to reschedule reservations to within 1 year. Modification/Change Fee will be waived. Covid-19 Cleaning Policies and Procedures will be emailed to all Guests, prior to arrival. *Cleaning Products are EPA Regulated *Cleaning Procedures are per CDC Guidelines.
CANCELLATION/TRAVEL INSURANCE – We highly recommend all guests purchase Travel/Cancellation insurance (6.95% of total charges). If you wish to purchase travel insurance, you may do so while paying for your reservation, or go to www.itravelinsured.com for details and to purchase. This insurance is offered at the time of reserving your cabin, but is still available for purchase after you have already booked your vacation rental, and in some cases can be purchased as close as the day before you are scheduled to travel.
NC Mountains Realty is not affiliated with the Insurance Company. The policy is offered through the NCMR website/payment system for the convenience of our Guests, and all claims should be made directly to the Insurance Co.
MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum occupancy for each cabin does vary and is listed on the cabin advertisement. Each cabin is set up for that number of Guests. For more than the listed “base occupancy” number of Guests, there is a $10.00 per person, per night charge. It is important that you let us know how many Guests are with your group. The housekeeper stocks supplies and “set ups” for the number of Guests expected. “Set ups” consist of things like towels, wash cloths, hand towels, trash bags, blankets, sheets, and a basic starter supply of paper products (toilet paper and paper towels) to get you started.
MINIMUM STAY – The cabins usually requires a two (2) night or a (3) night minimum stay, depending upon the time of year. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two nights, it is only when available at the last minute, or when there are fewer open nights than the minimum stay requires.
MINIMUM AGE TO BOOK — You must be at least 21 years old to reserve any of our properties.
RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money. The party will not be permitted to check in, or shall be asked to vacate the property.
PARKING – Parking ability does vary from cabin to cabin. Parking for at least 1-2 cars is always available. Some of the cabins offer parking for (4) vehicles.
PETS — Most of our properties are pet friendly. It is common to allow up to 2 pets that are each 40 pounds or less. Several of our properties will allow more than 2 pets, and/or pet(s) larger than 40 pounds (and you are welcome to call or email us to ask about your 4 legged family member). All Guests traveling with pets are subject to the Pet Addendum/Terms and Conditions, and must pay the per reservation “Pet Rent”. * When a pet has been a Guest, additional cleaning procedures are performed and special products are used. The result is, You would never know that a pet has been a Guest. (Guests that bring unapproved pets are subject, but not limited to: Paying double the usual pet rent and risk eviction from the cabin without refund).
HOT TUB – No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tubs at any time (It is up to the adults in the group to supervise and reinforce this recommendation). When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. The Hot Tub will have been drained, and/or sanitized, refilled, and replenished chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on securely to avoid damage/loss of the cover (fierce winds pick up without notice), and so hot tub will stay warm. (Additional details regarding Hot Tub use and safety are posted near the tub and in the Welcome Book
WIFI/INTERNET – Each property is Unique and Internet providers vary, according to availability in that specific area. Internet Rules are available in the Cabin’s “Welcome Book”, which is located on site.
FIREPLACES – Most fireplaces are propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Fireplaces are turned off from April 15-September 15; they are not operational during this time of the year (If the weather forecast indicated temperatures cool enough to warrant use of the fireplaces, they will be left on. Dates are a general guideline of what to expect). If you do reserve a cabin with a wood burning fireplace, please use caution and never leave a fire unattended. Throwing in leaves or debris will result in an unbearable amount of black smoke, please put only wood in a wood burning fireplace.
WATER AND SEPTIC – The cabins are on springs or wells and septic systems. During a drought, we do ask that you conserve water. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($250.00).
STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/ or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to acts of God/Nature/Storms or Road conditions.
DAMAGE/AUTHORIZATION OF AVAILABLE FUNDS/DEPOSITS – Damage Insurance
is recommended. In the event that the Cabin and/ or contents are damaged during your reservation time period, Guests are responsible for the full amount to repair or replace damaged item(s). If the damage is due to negligence, or the Guest is traveling without damage insurance: NCMR does reserve the right to apply an “Authorization of available funds” to your credit/debit card account. In the event of damage to the property and/or it’s contents, we reserve the right to convert the authorized funds to an actual
charge to your account of up to, but not limited to: $300.00 (Up to $500.00 if you are traveling with a pet). This is “Just in case” there is accidental damage to the property and/or violations of the terms and conditions. In the event of damage to property and/or contents, the reservation holder is responsible for the full amount of repair/replacement (liability is not limited to $300.00/$500.00).
—At NC Mountains Realty (NCMR), it is our goal to earn your repeat business and recommendations to your friends and family, and NOT to assess charges to your account!—
Purchasing accidental damage insurance, or authorizing available funds “just in case”, does not replace common courtesy. Please care for the Cabin you are renting as you would your own home. If an accident were to happen, we will greatly appreciate you letting us know so we can replace the damaged item, or schedule repairs promptly. We do expect normal wear and tear, and understand accidents can happen. To avoid an Insurance claim, and/or financial responsibility for any deductible or “un-covered” charges, please be sure of the following:
- No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trash container outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher (if available) and cleaned.
- All keys are left in the key box container and unit is left locked.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens, bathrobes, or towels are lost or damaged.
- NO early check-in or late checkout without prior permission.
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or a security company employed by NC Mountains Realty & Vacation Rentals.
PROPERTY OWNERSHIP — All of the Cabins are privately owned; the owners/Property
Manager are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that may occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners and/or the Property Management Company are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
NO DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR — Please remember that this is a peaceful Mountain “Community” and that neighbors, although they may not be visible, are present. Keep music and conversation at reasonable levels, drive safely, respect that there are other property owners within the area. Please don’t trespass against our neighbors unless invited.
TRASH REMOVAL — Swain County does not have trash and recycle pick up. In this area, everyone drops off their own trash at the free “Trash and Recycle Center”. (Inside the cabin there is a Welcome Book that offers a map and directions to the trash and recycle center). If you need a trash pick up, either during your stay or when you depart, please call us to request this complimentary service. (24 hour notice please). Our housekeepers are not equipped to haul more than 1 kitchen size bag of
trash. Leaving more than 1 bag of trash, or leaving any un-bagged trash is strictly forbidden! We also ask that you do not leave any trash inside the cabin (which may draw unwelcome pests) when you check out.
UNFORESEEN PROBLEMS — In the event of an unforeseen problem with the property or with your reservation, NCMR reserves the right to reschedule, upgrade or move your reservation to a cabin of equal value. If an unexpected issue were to arise, we ask that Guests notify us immediately. It is our Policy to correct any unforeseen issues promptly, not to refund your account after you check out.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
PET ADDENDUM – At NCMR, we are very pet friendly. Pets are considered on a case by case basis. Our pet rules are for the good of the pet as well as the property owner, and are based on cabin layout/size as well as outdoor space.
- Guest to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $50 per reservation, and there may be a $25.00
fee for the second pet (determined by size and breed of the pets).
- All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
- May not exceed a total of (2) pets, and each pet may not exceed forty (40) pounds, (Larger breed dogs, and more than 2 pets may be allowed at certain cabins, and are considered on a case by case basis.
- Must be at least one (1) year of age or older.
- Must be spayed or neutered
- Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heart-worm preventive is highly recommended.
- All pets must be leashed at all times
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in wooded areas and can cause harmful / fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pet will not damage premises. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage will be paid by the Guest, in full. Although NCMR is authorized to charge up to $500.00 to Guests credit/debit card on file, this does not limit the Pet Owners liability for the full amount of the damage. *For detailed information, see “DAMAGE/ AUTHORIZATIONS/DEPOSITS section above.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
- Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
*** Your Pet must be in his/her crate/kennel whenever left alone at the Cabin. We have a limited number of pet kennels available for our 4 legged Guests. Our portable kennels are available on a first come first serve basis ***
At NCMR, we fully support the principles of the Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968), as amended, which generally prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents of legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and handicap (disability). In addition, each and every NC Mountains Realty Representative is required to comply, in all respects,
with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the real estate industry, including without limitation, the requirements imposed by the Fair Housing Act. As an adjunct to the foregoing commitment, both Independent Contractors and Broker Owner at NC Mountains Realty and Vacation Rentals actively
promote, and are committed to, creating and fostering an environment of diversity throughout their respective organizations and franchise systems, and each views such a concept as a critical component to the on-going success of their business operations. Kathleen Ford – Broker
NC Mountains Realty and Vacation Rentals
(828) 565 2012
Making the Most of your Mountain Time!